The World of Runa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Fantasy, Chaos, and Adventure - A New Chance at Survival!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesStory SubmissionRegisterLog in

The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bastet
Nymph - 30 posts
Nymph - 30 posts
Bastet

SP/MP/HP
HP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue1500/2100The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/2100)
SP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue1600/1850The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (1600/1850)
MP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue1600/1950The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (1600/1950)

The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty
PostSubject: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:06 am

In the Eastern most section of the Koorc Desert, are two large foothills that form a valley at its centre. This valley is a path that would eventually lead into the Sphiṅksa Pailēsa (https://runa.rpg-board.net/t450-entrance-village).

Halfway through this desert valley of cacti and dead streams, one can see the shape of a great Sphinx like creature forming in the distance, which is the greatest indication that the traveller is getting close to the Sphiṅksa Pailēsa.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Darkstorm Zero

SP/MP/HP
HP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue2050/2050The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (2050/2050)
SP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue2700/2700The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (2700/2700)
MP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue2950/2800The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (2950/2800)

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:24 am

After successfully covering the tracks of his tribe in the Badlands, and resupplying in the new campsite, including a hefty Genesis Energy infusion, Balthus set out once more on his wings, Intent on returning to the Dŭshteri na Boga in Koorc City to apollogise to Kagura.

However, once he approached the Twin Hills, Balthus realised that the Oni, Kagura was a stubborn woman, and more than likely would refuse to ever speak to him again, after what apparently happened...

He turned to the eastern fork of then valley, dune seas spread in the gap. Balthus remembered, there was a tribe of Desert Nekomimi that lived out here, isolated, alone, and indeed native to Runa. The small city of Sphiṅksa Pailēsa, if Balthus remembered correctly... it had been many centuries past since the last time he came this far east of the Koorc Desert...

A glimmer of curiosity and a little concern piqued his interest, and he proceeded further east, on foot, his wings and tail retracting.
Back to top Go down
Runa Mobs
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Runa Mobs

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:41 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
After successfully covering the tracks of his tribe in the Badlands, and resupplying in the new campsite, including a hefty Genesis Energy infusion, Balthus set out once more on his wings, Intent on returning to the Dŭshteri na Boga in Koorc City to apollogise to Kagura.

However, once he approached the Twin Hills, Balthus realised that the Oni, Kagura was a stubborn woman, and more than likely would refuse to ever speak to him again, after what apparently happened...

He turned to the eastern fork of then valley, dune seas  spread in the gap. Balthus remembered, there was a tribe of Desert Nekomimi that lived out here, isolated, alone, and indeed native to Runa. The small city of Sphiṅksa Pailēsa, if Balthus remembered correctly... it had been many centuries past since the last time he came this far east of the Koorc Desert...

A glimmer of curiosity and a little concern piqued his interest, and he proceeded further east, on foot, his wings and tail retracting.

As soon as he stood between the opening of the twin valleys, an arrow whizzed down and slammed into the sandy cracked earth towards Balthus's right boot on the inner side. Even with the darkness, the full moon in the night sky did little to hide the Billī dēvī Clan Huntress who appeared from behind a rock on the high hill to his left, drawing her bow upon him while the other Huntress whom had shot the arrow and had approached from the hill on his right.

Both women, incredibly beautiful with golden hair and twitching cat-like ears stood rather sternly and alert as they look down upon the Dragon Kin. The one who had shot the arrow grabbed another from her quiver and quickly trained the weapon upon the trespasser.

"Halt Outsider! You're entering Billī dēvī sacred lands, those of the Sphiṅksa Pailēsa. I ask that you walk no further unless you'd like an arrow in your chest." she states with a venomous hiss.

[Huntress A]

The other who had said nothing up to this point chimed in. "Who are you, and why do you encroach upon our territory Outsider?" her voice was less stern, but there was equal contempt in those words.

[Huntress B]

{Two Billī dēvī Clan Huntress';

Huntress A: SP:700 MP:350 HP:250
Visible Weapons: Desert Bow

Huntress B: SP:700 MP:350 HP:250
Visible Weapons: Desert Bow, Bronze Khopesh

More info: https://runa.rpg-board.net/t392-beastiary-nation-of-koorc }
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Darkstorm Zero

SP/MP/HP
HP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue2050/2050The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (2050/2050)
SP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue2700/2700The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (2700/2700)
MP:
The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Left_bar_bleue2950/2800The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty_bar_bleue  (2950/2800)

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Runa Mobs wrote:

As soon as he stood between the opening of the twin valleys, an arrow whizzed down and slammed into the sandy cracked earth towards Balthus's right boot on the inner side. Even with the darkness, the full moon in the night sky did little to hide the Billī dēvī Clan Huntress who appeared from behind a rock on the high hill to his left, drawing her bow upon him while the other Huntress whom had shot the arrow and had approached from the hill on his right.

Both women, incredibly beautiful with golden hair and twitching cat-like ears stood rather sternly and alert as they look down upon the Dragon Kin. The one who had shot the arrow grabbed another from her quiver and quickly trained the weapon upon the trespasser.

"Halt Outsider! You're entering Billī dēvī sacred lands, those of the Sphiṅksa Pailēsa. I ask that you walk no further unless you'd like an arrow in your chest." she states with a venomous hiss.

[Huntress A]

The other who had said nothing up to this point chimed in. "Who are you, and why do you encroach upon our territory Outsider?" her voice was less stern, but there was equal contempt in those words.

[Huntress B]

Balthus smiled slightly, as he raised his hands in what appeared to be surrender. He looked up at the two huntresses and spoke to them, not with fear or anger, nor imitating their contempt, but rather with a voice of fondness and pride of someone long past.

"Well now, is this how the Billī dēvī treat all unarmed travellers? I see very little has changed in the many years since I last walked this road. My name is Balthus, and I came to see how the young tribe I once knew has flourished since I was last here." the Dragon-Kin answered honestly.
Back to top Go down
Runa Mobs
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Runa Mobs

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

Balthus smiled slightly, as he raised his hands in what appeared to be surrender. He looked up at the two huntresses and spoke to them, not with fear or anger, nor imitating their contempt, but rather with a voice of fondness and pride of someone long past.

"Well now, is this how the Billī dēvī treat all unarmed travellers? I see very little has changed in the many years since I last walked this road. My name is Balthus, and I came to see how the young tribe I once knew has flourished since I was last here." the Dragon-Kin answered honestly.

The two Neko exchange glances at one another before one speaks up, seeming to respond to his mentioning of treating travellers:

"Outsider, travellers are not welcome to our sacred lands less they be merchant or Neko."
[Huntress A]

The other shifted slightly, looking down at the man before adding:

"However... there are some exceptions that are allowed. Our Chieftain is usually a rather benevolent leader, and sometimes allow Outsiders a night to resupply before they must be sent on their way...but.. I can sense honesty in your words. And I am quite curious of what you mean by 'young tribe'; we Billī dēvī have been flourishing since before the Great Wars." She lowers her bow slightly.
[Huntress B]

The other Huntress gasped at this, yelling something in a Nekomimi tongue to only get a similar response back. She hissed, still holding onto her bow and arrow tightly and didn't stop aiming at the giant of a man. "Outsider, do you have anything you may provide to our Chieftain?" The woman grumbled this, and seemed very hesitant to remove her aim.
[Huntress A]

The Huntress to his left lowered her aim all together at this point, sensing no immediate danger from the man below. "What my sister asks, is that everything and everyone has a price. If you do not mean harm to us or our lands, and still want to progress through our valley, then we must ask that you provide something of worthiness to our Chieftain as a sign of respect."
[Huntress B]

Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Darkstorm Zero

SP/MP/HP
HP:
SP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Runa Mobs wrote:

The two Neko exchange glances at one another before one speaks up, seeming to respond to his mentioning of treating travellers:

"Outsider, travellers are not welcome to our sacred lands less they be merchant or Neko."
[Huntress A]

The other shifted slightly, looking down at the man before adding:

"However... there are some exceptions that are allowed. Our Chieftain is usually a rather benevolent leader, and sometimes allow Outsiders a night to resupply before they must be sent on their way...but.. I can sense honesty in your words. And I am quite curious of what you mean by 'young tribe'; we Billī dēvī have been flourishing since before the Great Wars." She lowers her bow slightly.
[Huntress B]

The other Huntress gasped at this, yelling something in a Nekomimi tongue to only get a similar response back. She hissed, still holding onto her bow and arrow tightly and didn't stop aiming at the giant of a man. "Outsider, do you have anything you may provide to our Chieftain?" The woman grumbled this, and seemed very hesitant to remove her aim.
[Huntress A]

The Huntress to his left lowered her aim all together at this point, sensing no immediate danger from the man below. "What my sister asks, is that everything and everyone has a price. If you do not mean harm to us or our lands, and still want to progress through our valley, then we must ask that you provide something of worthiness to our Chieftain as a sign of respect."
[Huntress B]

Balthus nodded slightly, they required proof.

"I say young, because I was old, before your tribe found it's land... I am Dragon-Kin, an immortal. I come from a time long before the Scepter Trials. I helped the Billī dēvī clan find their home, and build Sphiṅksa Pailēsa." Balthus reached into his travelling cloak, and pulled out what appeared to be a well kept, though incredibly ancient golden bracelette made in the fashion of the first Billī dēvī Clan Cheiftain, or Den Mother of the much more primitive proto-nekomini at the time. It was Balthus's own dragonfire that helped them forge their metals back then, before things like forges and furnaces and smelters were constructed. Balthus's wings, horns and tail emerged from his clothing as proof that he was what he claimed.

"I come to return this to the chieftains descendant, and fulfil an ancient promise... Is that offering proof enough?"
Back to top Go down
Runa Mobs
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Runa Mobs

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

Balthus nodded slightly, they required proof.

"I say young, because I was old, before your tribe found it's land... I am Dragon-Kin, an immortal. I come from a time long before the Scepter Trials. I helped the Billī dēvī clan find their home, and build Sphiṅksa Pailēsa." Balthus reached into his travelling cloak, and pulled out what appeared to be a well kept, though incredibly ancient golden bracelette made in the fashion of the first Billī dēvī Clan Cheiftain, or Den Mother of the much more primitive proto-nekomini at the time. It was Balthus's own dragonfire that helped them forge their metals back then, before things like forges and furnaces and smelters were constructed. Balthus's wings, horns and tail emerged from his clothing as proof that he was what he claimed.

"I come to return this to the chieftains descendant, and fulfil an ancient promise... Is that offering proof enough?"

The two exchange glances again, and the Huntress to Balthus's left began to descend the sandy hill top. She places the Bow around her torso, and draws her Bronze Khopesh as a precaution as she got closer to the taller Dragon Kin. Up close, the seductive feline carefully reached out and took the Bracelet from his hands gently. She looks over it with wide curious azure eyes and says something in a low amazed tone. She looks back up at her sister and yells something incoherently Nekomimi in tongue again. [Huntress B]

The other Huntress who had looked like she was ready to skewer Balthus suddenly jerked, her face paling and her ears twitching as she frowned, making a low moaning sound as the arrow fell from her hand. She quickly descended the hill, and made was about six yards away from Balthus and her sister, blushing red with what seemed to be embarrassment.

[Huntress A]

"This is quite... a rare find. Our records state of a man-beast who spat fire to light our first forge, who we had stumbled upon when we first tried our hands at mining for resources... the one who helped slay the Monolith that now stands as a marker and as a symbol of our homeland."

She looked up at Balthus and then bowed her head slightly. "If you are who you say you are... we will allow you safe passage for the time being." she said sheathing her blade for the time being. "I am Billie, and that rowdy one over there is my twin sister, Tillie."

[Huntress B]

The Huntress who was acknowledged as 'Tillie' suddenly straightened herself out, still blushing red as she drew her bow again. "H-hey! We may be allowing you passage Outsider, but if you do anything stupid I'm not afraid to shoot you, even if you are a Dragon-Kin!" she hissed, the hairs on her tail standing up on end.

[Huntress A]

Billie sighed, shaking her head. She turns to Tillie, motioning her to leave. She turns to the man again and nods calmly. "You are given free passage, Outsider Balthus." she says taking out a shell like horn and blew into it, expelling a shrill warble-like sound that carried out into the desert. It was followed by three more shrill responses before there was silence. Billie turns to Balthus with a grin. "Remember who's watching your back as you enter our sacred lands." she finishes with a wink before handing him the bracelet before returning to the hill.

[Huntress B]

Huntress A="Tillie": SP:700 MP:350 HP:250

Huntress B="Billie": SP:700 MP:350 HP:250

Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Presidential - 150 posts
Presidential - 150 posts
Darkstorm Zero

SP/MP/HP
HP:
SP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Runa Mobs wrote:
The two exchange glances again, and the Huntress to Balthus's left began to descend the sandy hill top. She places the Bow around her torso, and draws her Bronze Khopesh as a precaution as she got closer to the taller Dragon Kin. Up close, the seductive feline carefully reached out and took the Bracelet from his hands gently. She looks over it with wide curious azure eyes and says something in a low amazed tone. She looks back up at her sister and yells something incoherently Nekomimi in tongue again.

[Huntress B]

The other Huntress who had looked like she was ready to skewer Balthus suddenly jerked, her face paling and her ears twitching as she frowned, making a low moaning sound as the arrow fell from her hand. She quickly descended the hill, and made was about six yards away from Balthus and her sister, blushing red with what seemed to be embarrassment.

[Huntress A]

"This is quite... a rare find. Our records state of a man-beast who spat fire to light our first forge, who we had stumbled upon when we first tried our hands at mining for resources... the one who helped slay the Monolith that now stands as a marker and as a symbol of our homeland."

She looked up at Balthus and then bowed her head slightly. "If you are who you say you are... we will allow you safe passage for the time being." she said sheathing her blade for the time being. "I am Billie, and that rowdy one over there is my twin sister, Tillie."

[Huntress B]

The Huntress who was acknowledged as 'Tillie' suddenly straightened herself out, still blushing red as she drew her bow again. "H-hey! We may be allowing you passage Outsider, but if you do anything stupid I'm not afraid to shoot you, even if you are a Dragon-Kin!" she hissed, the hairs on her tail standing up on end.

[Huntress A]

Billie sighed, shaking her head. She turns to Tillie, motioning her to leave. She turns to the man again and nods calmly. "You are given free passage, Outsider Balthus." she says taking out a shell like horn and blew into it, expelling a shrill warble-like sound that carried out into the desert. It was followed by three more shrill responses before there was silence. Billie turns to Balthus with a grin. "Remember who's watching your back as you enter our sacred lands." she finishes with a wink before handing him the bracelet before returning to the hill.

[Huntress B]

Huntress A="Tillie": SP:700 MP:350 HP:250

Huntress B="Billie": SP:700 MP:350 HP:250

Balthus smiled affectionately at the two sisters exchange. The strong spirit that endeared him since those days long ago still pulsed true now. These were a people of survivors. "You have nothing to fear from me, I can assure you all of that. I am sworn to protect all the natives of this world, Nekomimi of all kinds included." Balthus said. "But I am proud to say, it would appear you have not needed my direct protection very much at all over the centuries... Your spirits remain strong." he added, nodding his head towards Tillie, the firebrand.

"You both strive to protect your home and people in your own way. I can respect that better than most." Balthus said as he walked alongside Billie, taking the bracelette gently from her hand, even as his draconian features retracted.

Then, he began walking back don the valley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)   The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Twin Hills (Koorc Desert)
Page 1 of 1